Language Lessons for a Living Education 3 (C432)
Language Lessons for a Living Education 3 (C432)
Create your own Dictionary PDF
Required course resource: This course has an integrated reading component that uses 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible
Enjoy this story-based course featuring Claire and Micah, designed to engage your young learner and strengthen their reading and writing skills. Real world examples and applications are the focus as they practice reading, apply grammatical skills, and increase their vocabulary. Complete with helpful illustrations and guides, this book will teach your student paragraph structure, compound words, contractions, sentence combining, helping verbs, prepositions, and more!
This language arts series adapts Charlotte Mason ideas for the modern homeschool student, complete with character-building themes. Each quarter has five stories, two picture studies (one of which is Bible-based), and two poems (one of which is a Psalm). Using the spelling words and the Dictionary Worksheets, students will create their very own dictionary as they move week by week through the material.
Develops reading and narration skills as well as writing mastery of multisentence paragraphs.
Language Lessons for a Living Education 3:
Continuing with what the student has learned in Level 2, Book 3 will add to their reading, communication and observation skills. They will begin to write paragraphs. They will review and refine lessons from Level 2 in addition to learning new skills.
Table of Contents
Using this Course
1. Story, Alphabet Review, Sentence Review, Reading, Short A, E Words
2. Picture Study, Noun Review, Calendar, Reading, Short I, O, U Words
3. Story, Proper Nouns, Pronouns, Calendar, Reading, Long A Words
4. Poem, Plural Nouns, Calendar, Reading, Long E Words
5. Story, Plural Nouns, Sentence Types, Reading, Long I Words
6. Picture Study, Plural Nouns, Commas, Reading, Long O Words
7. Story, Plural Nouns, Abbreviations, Reading, Long U Words
8. Psalm, Possessive Nouns, Sentences, Reading, Sight Words
9. Reading, 1st Quarter Review, Reading, 1st Quarter Spelling Review
10. Story, Action Verbs, Sentence Combining, Reading, -ed, -ing Words
11. Picture Study, State of Being Verbs, Compound Words, Reading, /oy/, /oi/ Words
12. Story, Adjectives, Contractions, Reading, /ar/, /or/, /er/, /ir/, /ur/ Words
13. Poem, Adverbs, Quotation Marks, Reading, Plural -s, -es Words
14. Story, Prepositions, Titles, Reading, Plural f to v, y to i Words
15. Picture Study, Homophones, Dictionary Guide Words, Reading, Irregular Plural Words
16. Story, Homophones, Sentences Review, Reading, Compound Words
17. Psalm, Articles, Writing a Paragraph, Reading, Contractions
18. Story, 2nd Quarter Review, Reading, 2nd Quarter Spelling Review
19. Story, Verbs, Combining Sentences, Reading, -air, -are, -oar, -ore, -ure Words
20. Picture Study, Helping Verbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, Thesaurus, Reading, pl, pr, sh, th Words
21. Story, Verb Usage, Homonyms, Homophones, Reading, ck, ct, ft, ld, mp, nd Words
22. Poem, Verb Usage, Prefix un-, re-, Reading, Homophones
23. Story, Word Usage, Prefix in-, im-, dis-, pre-, tele-, Reading, Homonyms
24. Picture Study, Word Usage, Suffix -ed, -ing, Root Words, Reading, Prefix dis-, im-, in-, re-, un- Words
25. Story, Word Usage, Simile, Reading, Suffix -est, -ied, -less, -ly, -y Words
26. Psalm, Comparison, Writing a Paragraph, Reading, Roots bio, graph, phon, scope Words
27. Story, 3rd Quarter Review, Reading, 3rd Quarter Spelling Review
28. Story, Noun Review, Sentence Review, Reading, -ng, -nk, -nt, -pt, -sk, -st Words
29. Picture Study, Plural Nouns Review, Sentence Review, Reading, -ch, -tch Words
30. Story, Preposition Review, Quotation Marks, Reading, spr, shr, str, squ, scr, spl, thr Words
31. Poem, Review, Reading, f, gh, ph Words
32. Story, Verb Review, Similes, Reading, Soft and Hard g Words
33. Picture Study, Word Usage Review, Reading, Silent Letter Words
34. Story, Adjectives/Adverbs Review, Paragraph Review, Reading, Double Consonant Words
35. Psalm, Word Usage Review, 4th Quarter Review, Reading, Ordinal Number Words
36. Story, 4th Quarter Review, Thank You Letter, Reading, 4th Quarter Spelling Review
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
We ship using Expedited Parcel by Canada Post or via Courier which means you should get your parcel in 4-7 business days once shipped. If you would like your order sooner, please contact us for Xpress or Priority Post rates.
If your order qualifies for free shipping and one or two books are backordered, we will hold your entire order until we can ship. If the wait is longer than several days, we will be sure to email you and notify you of total wait time. We can make arrangements for split shipping an order for a flat rate shipping charge if necessary.
Occasionally you will purchase something that turns out to be quite different from what you expected.
-Returns will be accepted on items listed in the catalogue with the exception of Alpha Omega and Bob Jones materials.
-All damages on items must be reported within 5 days of when you received that item.
-CDs/DVDs that have been opened are not eligible for returns.
-Any items that are specially ordered cannot be returned without prior approval. -Catalogue items must be returned within 30 days with a copy of the invoice and must be returned in new condition. Be sure to wrap and package the books well.
Full credit will be given (shipping and handling excluded) for books arriving in new condition. We reserve the right to apply a restocking fee on larger returns.
If you received free shipping on your order, and your return brings your order below our free shipping rate, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit.
How to Order
Orders can be placed by adding products to your shopping cart and checking out. You can also order by phone, fax, email, or regular mail. If you are ordering online, your order will automatically be emailed to us once you check out. You will receive an email confirmation within two working days that your order is being processed. If you have any questions, use the message box that will be submitted with your order with any additional information/instructions.
To request a copy of our catalogue, please contact us.
Heritage Resources tries to keep a good level of inventory and should be able to send out your order quickly after it is received. If you are in a particular hurry, please let us know and we will inform you of any delays.
Payment can be made online with Interac E-transfer, VISA, MasterCard, Debit (if picking up your order) cheque, or money order. Select ‘other’ at payment options for us to call you to arrange payment details if you prefer to not do that online.
Yes, we take Purchase Orders! Please indicate school you are billing to and the p.o. number if you have it. This can be done by going back to the shopping cart under additional notes on bottom left of the screen.
Because this is a family operated business, there are times when we need to be away to pick up product or for other reasons. We ask that you call ahead to make sure someone is home to assist you. We are often available during the evening and on Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays.
Regular instore hours are 9am - 4pm, Monday thru Friday.
Shipping and Handling Charges
Shipping and handling costs in Canada are based on the value of your order. Shipping costs to destinations outside Canada will be determined on an individual basis after an order is received.
|Purchase Value(before tax)||Shipping Cost|
|$0.00 - $140.00||$14.00|
|$140.01 - $200.00||$17.00|
|$200.01 - $300.00||$22.00|
|$300.01 - $450.00||$24.00|
|$450.01 -||Free shipping|