My Story 2 (J826)
My Story 2 (J826)
This book of adventure is going to help you learn about something called social studies. Social studies is about people and places around the world. We will talk about what people eat, where our food comes from, how governments are set up, the symbols on flags from different countries and what they mean, how God teaches us to love the people of the world like He does, and much more. The language of this book is English, but we'll share some Italian and Chinese words with you too!
My Story, My Country, My World is a course for lower elementary students. It includes basic introductions to history, politics, economics, sociology, and geography, with the ultimate aim of teaching a comprehensive understanding of God's world and the cultures of each country.
This is a daily adventure-based curriculum series that encourages families to explore the world together through four nine-week quests and to understand it better from God's perspective. It is designed with elements that make weekly learning fun and interactive, including:
-God's Creation Time!
-My Story Journal
It's time to explore God's world and to learn more about others; and more about you too! Get your Quest Collector Cards ready. Each card includes your world map showing the path of each of your four journeys.
Table of Contents
Using This Teacher Guide
Charting Your Course
1. Let's Get Ready to See the World...by Canoe!
2. To Australia in a Bathyscaphe
3. On a Jet Ski to New Zealand
4. Going to the Islands on a Hot-Air Balloon
5. Soaring on a Glider to Vietnam
6. A Ferry to India, Turkey, and Pakistan
7. Put on Your Snowshoes for Nepal
8. Dogsled to China and South Korea
9. A Rickshaw through Japan
10. Over to Russia by Railroad
11. Get Your Sled for Finland, Sweden, and Norway
12. On a Golf Cart through the United Kingdom and Ireland
13. A Horse and Carriage across France, Portugal, and Spain
14. Riding a Chairlift over Germany, Switzerland, and Austria
15. Italy and Greece by Cargo Ship
16. Across Romania, Lithuania, and Ukraine by Fire Engine
17. Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Syria by Minibus
18. On a Donkey Cart into Israel
19. Zipping to Egypt on an AutoGyro
20. By Motorcycle across Sudan and Ethiopia
21. Walking through Kenya and Tanzania
22. Riding an Elephant through Madagascar and South Africa
23. A Fishing Boat to Angola, Nigeria, and Niger
24. On a Tractor through Algeria and Morocco
25. Sailing a Clipper Ship to Chile and Argentina
26. On a Steamboat to Bolivia and Peru
27. Up in a Zeppelin to Brazil and Uruguay
28. Ride to Venezuela on a Scooter
29. Over Colombia and Ecuador by Dirt Bike
30. A Convertible through Panama, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua
31. Riding a Monorail around El Salvador and Guatemala
32. A Jet Boat around Jamaica and the Dominican Republic
33. On a Hydroplane to the Bahamas and Cuba
34. Off to Mexico by Jet
35. On Our Wheelchair through Canada
36. Home to the United States on a Conestoga Wagon
State Info: Capitals and Statehood Years
Types of Governments: Riddles
Glossary for Social Studies
Quest Collector Quizzes
Quest Collector Answers
Word Find Time Answer Key
Types of Governments: Riddles Quiz
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
We ship using Expedited Parcel by Canada Post or via Courier which means you should get your parcel in 4-7 business days once shipped. If you would like your order sooner, please contact us for Xpress or Priority Post rates.
If your order qualifies for free shipping and one or two books are backordered, we will hold your entire order until we can ship. If the wait is longer than several days, we will be sure to email you and notify you of total wait time. We can make arrangements for split shipping an order for a flat rate shipping charge if necessary.
Occasionally you will purchase something that turns out to be quite different from what you expected.
-Returns will be accepted on items listed in the catalogue with the exception of Alpha Omega and Bob Jones materials.
-All damages on items must be reported within 5 days of when you received that item.
-CDs/DVDs that have been opened are not eligible for returns.
-Any items that are specially ordered cannot be returned without prior approval. -Catalogue items must be returned within 30 days with a copy of the invoice and must be returned in new condition. Be sure to wrap and package the books well.
Full credit will be given (shipping and handling excluded) for books arriving in new condition. We reserve the right to apply a restocking fee on larger returns.
If you received free shipping on your order, and your return brings your order below our free shipping rate, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit.
How to Order
Orders can be placed by adding products to your shopping cart and checking out. You can also order by phone, fax, email, or regular mail. If you are ordering online, your order will automatically be emailed to us once you check out. You will receive an email confirmation within two working days that your order is being processed. If you have any questions, use the message box that will be submitted with your order with any additional information/instructions.
To request a copy of our catalogue, please contact us.
Heritage Resources tries to keep a good level of inventory and should be able to send out your order quickly after it is received. If you are in a particular hurry, please let us know and we will inform you of any delays.
Payment can be made online with Interac E-transfer, VISA, MasterCard, Debit (if picking up your order) cheque, or money order. Select ‘other’ at payment options for us to call you to arrange payment details if you prefer to not do that online.
Yes, we take Purchase Orders! Please indicate school you are billing to and the p.o. number if you have it. This can be done by going back to the shopping cart under additional notes on bottom left of the screen.
Because this is a family operated business, there are times when we need to be away to pick up product or for other reasons. We ask that you call ahead to make sure someone is home to assist you. We are often available during the evening and on Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays.
Regular instore hours are 9am - 4pm, Monday thru Friday.
Shipping and Handling Charges
Shipping and handling costs in Canada are based on the value of your order. Shipping costs to destinations outside Canada will be determined on an individual basis after an order is received.
|Purchase Value(before tax)||Shipping Cost|
|$0.00 - $140.00||$14.00|
|$140.01 - $200.00||$17.00|
|$200.01 - $300.00||$22.00|
|$300.01 - $450.00||$24.00|
|$450.01 -||Free shipping|